Looking back at 2013



And I'm sitting on my back veranda with thunder rolling in the background, the rain lightly falling, the humidity has dipped slightly and there is an earthy smell in the air.

I dyed my hair teal (blotchy blue) in February for Ovarian Cancer Awareness

It has been a pretty packed year with a lot of rest and recuperation forced on me. As some of you know, end of 2012 I had surgery for ovarian cancer (you can catch up on that here http://lunabirdart.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/the-lucky-find.html and more info on symptoms here http://lunabirdart.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/clueless-i-had-no-idea.html ) Lets just say it took a whole heap longer to recuperate than I had anticipated. I couldn't beleave every little movement seemed to be attached to my stomach muscles. But hey I have a really cool scare and I'm alive, so not a bad payoff.
my handmade market stall goodies

We haven't missed a Saturday market this year and even threw in a few specialty Sunday markets to boot. It's been a lot of fun and have meet some really great people. I got to expand my stall size recently which has made a huge difference to my display. The fudge is doing really well and developed more flavors.



busy serving these lovely ladies a couple of weeks ago, got my Christmas dress on

fun in the studio

Miss Mary and I had our eighth Artist Book Exhibition named 8(ate) at Matilda Book Shop in the beautiful Adelaide Hill town of Stirling. boy I miss that place and my art buddies especially Miss Mary.

8th Artist Book Exhibition me and Mary consuming books
I joined Etsy Territorians , the lovely Fleur of https://www.etsy.com/shop/fleurelisedesigns and https://www.etsy.com/shop/fleurelisebridal got the group started. Great group of girls, we have had excellent coffee and art mornings.
Etsy Northern Territorians Helen, Isabel, me and Fleur gallery hopping


Marrara Christmas Craft Extravaganza Fair
As well as all the art stuff this year, Hubby and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with a trip to Kakadu (mid-week of course so we didn't miss a market) http://lunabirdart.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/kakadu-adventure.html and our eldest turn 18 and finish High School, wow where did that time go.






mother daughter camping trip out to Berry Springs + Tumbling Waters



Now if you live away from your family or loved ones this New Years or anytime really, then use the mOOn satellite to send your good wishes to each other. I suggested this to some friends back in 2000.  Organize a time when you both look up at the mOOn (for example my mum lives in a time zone 1/2 an hour ahead so I look at the mOOn at 11.45 and my mum looks up at 12.15) and say your good wishes to each other.

Happy New Year

Enjoy x Luna 


keep on creating

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every school should have a giant something

Zines