Kakadu Adventure

Part One

Wow what a crazy couple of months of adventures! I got to tick off a bucket list sort of thing I suppose. Just an easy three hour drive from Darwin we head south east to Kakadu National Park. I've wanted to go to Kakadu since I first heard about it as a little girl, so TICK.

Mid September is hot and dry here. That's one thing I didn't expect moving to the top end was how dry it gets here. Fair enough the inland desert area but I thought the coastal fringe would be tropical lush all year round. There are two main season Wet (summer) and Dry (winter) There is still quiet a bit of water in the rivers but the earth in between is parched.

 The dawn Yellow River Cruise is an absolute must experience. We had a foggy morning which is rair at that time of year but absolutely beautiful. The wet lands are just gorgeous. It was like the land scape was posing to be painted or photographed.
 Amazed by the reflections too.

 Crocodiles scare the crap out of me and this big guy was way to close for comfort.
 But I do love the place he lives in.

Monet would be impressed in the waterlilies here.
With 20,000 square kilometers of iconic, must see National Park, a great way to experience as much as possible is from the air. So in the afternoon we took a sunset scenic flight with Kakadu Air. WoW! What a great way to see the place and get a real feel for the terrain.
 This photo is a great example of the billabongs left at the end of the dry season. In a month or so time this whole scene will be sparkling water.
  A lot of the Northern Territory is pretty flat so I was so happy to see hills and escarpments and I love a good boulder (I really do miss hills and mountains, weird I know). Next time I really want  to try the helicopter tour and get in close. The rock arch in the middle of the above photo was amazing.
A totally amazing place, can't wait to show you more. Until next time

Enjoy x Luna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every school should have a giant something

Zines